Monday, December 22, 2008

3. Positive Revenge: On Becoming a more Responsible Person


Firstly with my understanding that time and existence is finite and to achieve the ideal of the "Eternal Return" (for those that I love, I may have failed my philosophy and my old teacher but as of this moment, I am not spiritually akin to state that I wish for any "Eternal Return" for myself) I strive during this holiday period to communicate with and establish a genuine human connection with those who have enriched my life.

Also with my understanding that as humans possessing a constructed identity, we often are not even completely honest with ourselves. Indeed, we often engage in too much self-justification and think of ourselves as better than we actually are.

So I have to be honest with myself as a true and erroneous being, not the much more wholesome and justified identity that I wish to see myself as. I must try to get past the identity that I put before my witness-consciousness so that I don't engage in self-deluding hypocrisy.

No comments: