Saturday, May 12, 2012

Why should I choose solve the ONE CORRECT religion

Why does it matter if I declare my faith in the ONE CORRECT religion? If it is all about doing the CORRECT good actions, then that doesn’t make much sense as will be explained in the last paragraph (for which we need to cover some other fundamental aspects of this conundrum first). So for now, we will move on.
I should declare my faith in the ONE CORRECT religion because this is the way for my soul (if such a thing exists) to be saved. Is this endeavor then not for purely personal benefit such as a luxurious afterlife? No one else gets to benefit from me enjoying myself in the hereafter.

If the reason why I need to declare my faith in the correct religion is so that I can spread the ‘good word’ and in turn save others, then this doesn’t hold up too. This is not counting in the fact that many of them would already have their own faiths which many times argue for the sole validity of their system thereby leading to a formidable barrier to my ‘crusade’. And when you struggle with this endeavor, don’t you just sometimes wish that your God would do a miracle right in front of them and make them believe too, but that would be nothing short of a miracle (if they do occur in the first place ;p)
And even if I am successful in getting others to believe in my correct religion, what would happen to them if I am WRONG? Then would I not have condemned some who were already saved (given that they used to believe in the ONE CORRECT religion)? And the chances of me choosing the incorrect religion is very high indeed when you consider the many religions of past and present throughout human history. Should I not then err on caution and not lead anyone astray with what I believe to be correct?
So the safest bet for the fearful is to throw your lot in with one religion with the highest probability of being correct. Do your homework about all religions (and I mean all!) before you decide. But if you really did this, you would then come to the conclusion that all are equally valid in their own assertions about their own systems and most are valid in their criticisms of other systems. This objective process may take you a lifetime by which you are dead and will not be “saved” by virtue of you having not chosen the correct religion which makes the endeavor counter-productive. Another dead-end.

So how do you choose? You can’t and you won’t. You will realize that your lifetime is short. And even if you ‘fry for eternity’, that is just you and you should not be so selfish to just focus on yourself. Why not use your short lifetime to do the best as you can for all people of all religions? If there were a God, would it not be proud of this selfless decision? Or would it really go, “Hey, you! You did not believe in me. You may have done good but I will still fry you!”
A last question remains, if you do not believe in any religion, how can you do the CORRECT GOOD for others? Well, use your mental faculties: some GOODS are universal! Study up on all religions and you will find commonalities which ironically any rational person could and can come up with even without religion. So if a CORRECT set of GOOD exists, then you have to play safe again and just do those GOODs so that you do not step on the toes of the ONE CORRECT God/s. And that is it, do those GOODs. Help others flourish and hope that God (if any) cares more about what really matters than whether or not you believe in it.

No comments: