Saturday, May 24, 2008

tian yan and me part one

Hey Don,

Here are my resources and thoughts on the epiphany
you shared with us during dinner.

Everything here comes from only 2 sources, James Arthur
Ray and Dr. John Demartini. Both are teachers featured in The Secret.
I prefer these two as most of their teachings are grounded. Having
said that, please form your own opinions and take everything with
a pinch of salt.

As far as what James says, the only construct that is relevant to your
model (truth-real truth) is the Thought-Feelings-Action construct. Everything
else he preaches is just a metaphor of his Thought-Feelings-Action construct.
Just different perspective of the same thing. This forms the references a person
needs to form a belief system to irrevocably practice the Thought-Feelings-Action
construct, IMHO.

1. Thought-Feelings-Action Construct (Going 3 for 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVC3fMSgbfo

Opinions: The Thought-Feelings-Action explained from the horse's mouth

2. Vertical Time Theory Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qAX-5XRVx8

Vertical Time Theory Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGb5S4ZUyo4

Opinions: Although James tries to use Quantum Physics to support what he teaches,
it is questionable to me whether he understands it. In the Vertical Time Theory, I treat
it as a metaphor, rather than the truth.

3. Reticular Activiting System (RAS)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5vyLyFo77M

Opinions: This is one solid scientific argument.
There is such a thing known as RAS and he explains The Law of Attraction
this premise.

4. Wave-Particle Duality, Copenhagen Interpretation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHKQWU0PTjw

Opinions: This video is a mix of James presentations. There is one section
where he talks about quantum physics. I disagree with his reasoning on wave/particle
manifestation and regard it as a metaphor for the Thought-Feelings-Action construct.

5. Practical Spirituality, James Arthur Ray (ebook attached)

Opinions: Very thought provoking.

6. My take.

Now, here are my opinions.
Remember when you quote:
"A Hungry Man Understands Truth In A Different Manner Than A Full Man"

When you look at it from the Thought-Feelings-Action model,
it makes sense. Why? Because the full man and hungry man
can both have the same Thought, but only the hungry man goes further
and develops the Feelings, which puts him in a better position
to Act. Hence, both will act differently in how they understand
the truth (which is also an Act)

The Full Man will have an intellectual understanding
The Hungry Man develops insights that can never be comprehended by the Full Man
Because the Hungry Man gets the visceral feeling from the thought.

Here is the problem.

If both of us share the same Thought, the Feeling will hit both of us too.
But the thought you shared with us was YOUR thought. My thought is an
interpretation of your thought. Hence, what I get is not so much of the Thought
that will give rise to the Feelings, but a separate Thought by itself, which I will call
the Idea (just to differentiate from Thought).

Until I can cultivate and hold my own thought, then only can I start to feel the epiphany
that hit you, that made you scared, and made you detached from your previous reality,
that there is no objective reality.

So,

Hungry Man : Thought & Feelings : Don

As opposed to...

Full Man : Idea (Not the same Thought) : Tian Yan

Thus brings us the question. How can you bring your epiphany (Feeling)
to others?

"A Hungry Man Understands Truth In A Different Manner Than A Full Man"
Remember ?

You can't be hungry for me or anyone else (FEEL). You can't help other feel what they
need to feel. I have to be hungry myself. But now, I'm full. And the only way I can
be hungry (FEEL), is for me to hold the thought that lead you to your feelings.

Only then, can I FEEL it and then ACT (or REACT) on it.

So when you shared your story, you didn't give me your thought, rather an idea which
consists of your thought and coloured by my own interpretation. For me to feel, I need
to go through the whole inquiry and thought process that set you on this path. Then I start
to get the same thought that you have, and hopefully feel the epiphany that hit you.

So now that you have Thought about it, and Felt it, how would you Act on it?
Would your Act be to share it with others and make them feel it too?

I don't think so.

I think you have already Act on it by reacting to your feelings.
e.g. feeling scared, and then being detached to your previous reality...

You mention that it is the "Fleeting Anxiety" that cause this Real Truth
moment to be beautiful and rare and it is meant to end, or die down.

I disagree.

You choose to let it die down. That is your Act.
Or you could choose to keep it alive in your actions and behaviours until
it becomes your reality. That is also another Act.

In any case, it reminded me of what John Demartini said.
It is somewhere in these videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGdtELZ4KuM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihC1eaiMvY4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ5QuuhGFM8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yPQpMXWUjs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7KiXJkpfuo

People think they have found the Real Truth and then stop there. What they
actually found was the Truth that prevents them from experiencing the Real Truth,
as you mention. What you want to do, is humble yourself and realize that there will
be more truths reaching towards the Real Truth, and every time you made the discovery,
it is just Truth. If you choose to just settle with Truth, there is no experiencing Real Truth.

In James' words,
If you are not growing, you are dying.
So if you are full and contented with the "Truth", that is where you stop discovering truths,
and start to decline.

I have more stuff coming up, but will leave that for later.
Tell me what you think. I admit it is very crude.


Have An Optimal Day.
- Tian Yan

No comments: