Wednesday, August 10, 2011

2. I remember that I knew- hyper-awareness of hyper-reality

I remember that I knew
I remember that I was troubled
But the calm has come and the storm has ebbed
As I understood sometime ago, my SOUL has lost its HUNGER
It has become satisfied with worldly busyness and undertakings
And so I forgot
But all the while it nagged
And I now remember
And I watched Buddha's story again
And I feel guilty again

All is everything and yet nothing
But to apply it in a realistic world is unrealistic
No, it is just that I am not BRAVE enough
Are we increasingly trapped in this modern world?
With KPIs and intellectual abilities being quantified?
Moral worth can never be measured
If only we spend less time talking, condemning and assessing
And allow our fellow human beings more time to experience, reflect and grow spiritually
Are we charged cowardly to admit that we are imperfect?
Is it truly a sign of weakness?
I am acutely aware that I am not BRAVE enough to be what I understand man to be and do what I understand man to do
So I admit
I am acutely aware that I lack the personality to invoke and inspire in others what I know
And yet what do I know? Was I not just momentarily clear about everything? Have I not lost it over again?
Any why do I deserve such a privileged position?
All I can do is share and show the inkling of the possibility
Everyone has to arrive in their own way


The greatest paradox is that True love betters us and yet traps us
And yet to leave true love is humanly cruel but spiritually divine
Such is man's dilemma
He may want to love selflessly
But others would not be trustworthy enough to receive and in turn be awakened
For past experiences have taught them to be wary

So I sigh as I always do and just remember that I knew
When the world slowed and I saw it all
And then lost it all
My hyper-awareness of hyper-reality

No comments: